P14: Violation Codes
All motor vehicle-related violation codes, if any, which apply to this driver.
The element is divided into two subfields for recording up to 2 violations.
Subfield 1, Subfield 2:
- No Violation
- (Violation Code)
From the FARS 2002 Coding Manual
Note: AAMVAnet Code Dictionary (ACD) of violation codes can be accessed at www.aamva.org
Important for evaluation of safety laws and enforcement practices. This information is not available from the driver license file.
- Reckless/Careless/Hit-and-Run Type Offenses
- Impairment Offenses
- Speed-Related Offenses
- Rules of the Road - Traffic Sign & Signals
- Rules of the Road - Turning, Yielding, Signaling
- Rules of the Road - Wrong Side, Passing & Following
- Rules of the Road - Lane Usage
- Non-Moving - License and Registration Violations
- License, Registration & Other Violations