C14: Contributing Circumstances, Road
Apparent condition of the road which may have contributed to the crash.
This element is divided into Subfield 1, Subfield 2, and Subfield 3. Each have the same attributes for recording up to 3 applicable roadway contributing circumstances.
- Road Surface Condition (wet, icy, snow, slush, etc.)
- Rut, Holes, Bumps
- Work Zone (construction / maintenance / utility)
- Worn, Travel-Polished Surface
- Obstruction in Roadway
- Traffic Control Device Inoperative, Missing or Obscured
- Shoulders (none, low, soft, high)
- Non-Highway Work
Important to determine highway maintenance and possible engineering needs.